Are you thinking of having natural stone for your garden décor? when you buy a house with garden, it becomes in one of the biggest purchases you can do and it is important to take into account that the money you want to spend on it will be an investment, in other words, it should not be a cost. So if you are thinking of having natural stone for your garden décor it would become an investment, because there are not more durable stone, more natural and easier to maintain than natural stones.
Now, I am going to mention 5 Natural stones that you cannot miss on your garden:
– Marble: is a non-foliated methamorphosic rock, which is composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals, most commonly calcite. Although, this natural stone is usually used in paving exteriors, it is a perfect material to work on garden’s marble pieces such as fountains, balustrades, tables, chairs, mosaics and sculptures.
– Sandstone: is a clastic sedimentary rock composed mainly of sand-sized minerals or rock grains. It is durable and hard stone. This natural stone is used in paving and flooring. One of the main reasons to use sandstone in our garden is its versatility, because sandstone helps to get strong plants, also it resists any weather conditions.
– Granite: is a common type of felsic intrusive igneous rock which is granular and phaneritic in texture. Granite is a strong natural stone, also it has many finishes, colors and textures that can create wonderful works in the garden.
– Limestone: is a sedimentary rock composed largely of the minerals calcite and aragonite. This natural stone is very resistant to heat and water, that is the main reason which is used on the roads leading to the garden, the house, the pool and other outdoor areas.
– Slate: is a fine-grained, foliated, homogeneous metamorphic rock derived from an original shale-type sedimentary rock. Some of the major benefits of using this natural stone is the installation, it is much easier to work with slate than concrete. In addition, slate gives to your garden a rustic and natural appearance.
In summary, the best natural stone to decorate your garden will be the one that fits to your budget and your taste. Any natural stone will be always the best option, as well as it would be kind to the environment and it would give to your garden a wonderful appearance.